Panurbana 66 Stedelijk museum


If magnifying glass does not appear, reload the page.



Panurbana 66 Stedelijk museum

collage: 18  photos

format: 110 x 75 cm 

Amsterdam 2020


The Stedeijk Museum originated from a private initiative of wealthy Amsterdammers. 

Sophia Adriana Lopez Suasso-de Bruijn left a large sum of money and her art collection 

to the city of Amsterdam after her death in 1890. 

On September 13, 1895, the municipal museum (architect A.W. Weissman (1858-1923), was opened 

and was soon nicknamed the “Suasso Museum". 

The museum today has an extensive collection of modern and contemporary art from leading artists. 

Due to inadequate maintenance, the museum is closed in 2003 by order of the fire brigade. 

After 9 years of renovation, it was reopened on September 23, 2012 by Queen Beatrix. 

The entrance has moved to the museum square in the new wing, nicknamed “the bathtub”.